XWiki Platform
  1. XWiki Platform
  2. XWIKI-7330

The first parameter of the livetable velocity macro does not accept a dot anymore

    Details

    • keywords:
      livetable
    • Difficulty:
      Trivial
    • Similar issues:
      XWIKI-10419Page with dot (.) break the livetable + gridresultwithfilter macro
      XWIKI-3987Livetable macro isn't working anymore in XWiki 2.0 syntax
      XWIKI-8115livetable macro bad javascript row variable usage after livetable results api changes
      XWIKI-9036msg binding does not exist anymore in groovy macro or any other script other than velocity
      XWIKI-3742Converter does not support comma as velocity macro parameters separator
      XWIKI-1086Add new pagedViewLinks macro
      XWIKI-7543Livetable does not work when page name of current page contains a dot and it is trying to retreive all pages that have current page set as parent
      XWIKI-10606Filter in Livetable macro does not work under MSSQL database
      XWIKI-3706Provide a velocity macro to automate the creation of live tables
      XWIKI-103XWiki Syntax Mapping for Velocity macros

      Description

      In 3.3 the first parameter of a livetable macro. For example:

      #livetable("platform.vms" $collist $colprops $options)
      {/code}
      
      Is not supported anymore. Removing the dot works. This worked in XE 2.7 without any problems
      
      

      #livetable("platformvms" $collist $colprops $options)

      {/code}

      There is no meaningfull error message saying that this was the problem. I think this is used for css so is probably not validating. However we should either warn or transform it.

        Activity

        Hide
        Sergiu Dumitriu added a comment -

        Fixed in 6835891

        The problem was that the livetable ID (the first parameter) was also used to form the name of the JS variable holding the livetable JS object. I didn't transform anything, I just used a safe window["$jsName"] way to access the variable.

        Show
        Sergiu Dumitriu added a comment - Fixed in 6835891 The problem was that the livetable ID (the first parameter) was also used to form the name of the JS variable holding the livetable JS object. I didn't transform anything, I just used a safe window ["$jsName"] way to access the variable.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Sergiu Dumitriu
            Reporter:
            Ludovic Dubost
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:
              Date of First Response: