Affects Version/s: 7.4.2
Fix Version/s: None
At the moment the menu can only be edited trough the following process :
- If the application panel is set :
- Go in the menu application
- Pick the right menu
- Edit the menu and modify it
- If the application panel is not set :
- Use ctrl+g menu and go edit the menu
- Search for the menu in any index and edit it
In the case where the panel is present it's pretty easy but some other problems come with it. Everyone will see the menu application in the tab when it's meant to be seen by people with edit rights only. Since it's possible to create its own menu, it can't be removed/hidden with a check on the access right since it would lock a feature.
My proposal is to add an edit button directly in the top right corner of the menu when hovering the menu bar in the case of having the edit right on the hovered menu.
See screenshot presenting both editing button present. A small and a big one.