* Removed deprecated methods
* FIXED: 3152: iWebDriver will auto-play HTML5 video
* Fixed issue with permissions on windows caused by wrapping
* FIXED: 3154, 3144: Issues launching Firefox 9 due to modal dialog
* Adding warning to android apk when used with an incompatible android version (issue 3142)
* FIXED: 3167: Sending empty keys to a text field no longer throws
* FIXED: 3173: Using ChromeOptions no longer causes stack exhaustion
* FIXED: 3169: getAttribute("value") falls back to the text of option tags, if no value attribute is specified
* Updated operadriver to version 0.9
* NOTE: We have removed our dependency on the operadriver from our pom, because it creates a circular dependency.
To use the operadriver, add the following dependency to your own pom.xml file:
* Bumped firefox support up to Firefox 12
* FIXED: 3161: Thread safety issues
* Some issues around scrolling (3075, 3045, 3034)
* FIXED: 3148: Allow IE to be launched.
* Native events enabled for Firefox 9
* The FirefoxDriver now enables apps to use offline storage by default.
* ChromeDriver allows setting the chrome driver's environment more easily.
* RemoteWebElement implementations now guarantee that the ID used to
identify them. This allows "hashCode" and "equals" to be local operations
* The PageFactory will now no longer decorate List<WebElement> fields unless
annotated with a @FindBy.
* By default, clicks will now be in the middle of elements.
* RemoteWebDriver will use uncacheable GET requests to communicate with the
remote webdriver server.
* HtmlUnitDriver defaults to emulating Firefox 3.6.
* FIXED: 2985: Calling quit() on the IE Driver in a shutdown hook will no
longer kill the JVM.
* FIXED: 2893: You can now pass a Map to executeScript when using Firefox.
* FIXED: 1395, 2747, 2869, 2431: Upgraded version of CocoaHTTPServer to the
latest and greatest.
* Test failures are now annotated with the task history.
* JSONP support dropped in favour of CORS. For those browsers where CORS is
not fully implemented, added a "/xdrpc" (cross-domain rpc) end-point.
* Change the promise.Application event loop to run at a set interval
instead of trying to explicitly trigger it at the appropriate times. This
makes debugging much simpler.
* WebDriverJS hub front-end now renders correctly in IE.
* It's now a beautiful butterfly.
* IE HTA mode will now close the final window.
* All windows are now opened as "resizable". This means that they should
always open in new windows rather than tabs in IE.
* *chrome mode can type into file input elements on Firefox 8+
* WebDriverCommandProcessor has all constructors depending on the
(deprecated) SuppliesWebDriver class marked as deprecated. Will be deleted
in the next release.
* Bug fixes and updates
* Included a touchscreen abstraction
* Code donation from Google.
* Now supports up to and including Firefox 11.
* Changed order of FirefoxProfile initialization attempts on a
remote host: 1) try to load from capabilities, 2) try to load
locally if webdriver.firefox.profile is specified, 3) create an
* Added the beginning of infrastructure for gathering logs from
* Added an UnreachableBrowserException.
* Additional work on the WebDriver JS console.
* Implicit waits now change how long we wait for alerts. This
functionality will change in 2.16
* FIXED: 2700: The infamous scrolling issue.
* FIXED: 2816: ClassCastException when calling switchTo().alert().
* Grid now distinguishs between CLIENT_GONE and
* FIXED: issue where older RCs could not connect to a newer hub.
* Selenium-backed WebDriver now uses atoms for typing.
* Significantly reworked input device abstractions.
* HTA mode for Selenium RC (*iexplore) leaves a browser window open.