Affects Version/s: 3.2 M2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Old Core
keywords:usability, ux, consistency
XWIKI-9110 Improvement on user changing password : cache XWIKI-5469 Change password feature does not use validation XWIKI-6312 Adding a new field "Old Password" to the changing password page to improve security XWIKI-2659 Changing password process XWIKI-7813 Cannot change password of logged in user XWIKI-8932 Improve the way changes are displayed in Watchlist notification emails XWIKI-8445 Password length checking is disabled for the "Change Password" feature XWIKI-7188 JS notification reports that the document is saved successfully, even if the CSRF token validation failed and the document is not actually saved. XWIKI-4260 Consistent buttons and titles in dialogs XWIKI-1730 Allow Admin to reset users' passwords
1. First of all the changing password form should have a field that prompts for the "Current Password" (see
2. When the password is entered we could validate the strength of the new password entered ("too short ...", etc). (see
XWIKI-5469 ). Also when the 2 passwords don't match the notification should be displayed inline ("the passwords don't match ..."), not as a JS modal.
3. The submit button label should be "Save" (see
4. After the two passwords are entered there is no message sent to the user to inform him that the operation was successfully.
5. The changing password link is available just in profile view mode. If you are editing your profile you will not find it.
5.1. Also you can't change the user password from Administration:Users from the same reason.