Affects Version/s: 2.0-milestone-1
Fix Version/s: 2.0-milestone-2
Users may want to download a complete folder. We could allow them to do it by two ways:
- "Download folder" button in the browser
- "Download folder" as an action in the context menu
The zip name is the folder name and the date in english format (to be ordered as if we were storing ordered versions).
The zip structure will always be made the same way. The root element is the folder. Files of the folder AND OTHERS FOLDERS AND FILES of the tree structure into it.
Since this functionality needs some time to process we need to implement visual feedbacks and a protections.
- We need to not be able to click again on the download button
- The download button will change in a "Processing..." button
- We need to be able to cancel the action with a button
- We need to see a progress bar showing when the job will actually send you the file
- When the user leave the page, it have to kill the task (of creating the zip file)
This option may come with limits since the created zip file can be too huge. This needs to be studdied.
For example if the future created zip file may be more than XXX Mb we could create the zip file as temp file downloadable with a unique link. This link would be sent by mail to the user and the file would be available for XX days. (this could be an app setting).
If the user do not have any email set on his profile while he is trying to ask for a big zip file, a pop-up will ask him to go fill his profile trough the following link *****.