Disclaimer: XWIki Version 9.11.4 and 10.4
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new page to reference. The format does not matter. I created it in XWiki 2.1 format
- Create a second page (in Markdown Syntax) and create a page link to the previously created page. For this I used the WYSIWYG editor. When inspecting the problem, I switched to source view and discovered that the "." was not escaped anymore and hence, the page could not be found. - Here an example from our XWiki installation:
- What I get from the editor when switching to source view: **
- What I get with XWiki 2.1 Syntax
- This can also be reproduced when converting from XWiki 2.1 to Markdown 1.2 - at least this is what I tested as well.
I hope this clarifies the problem. Tell me, if any information is missing. If you give me a starting point, I can probably investigate the problem on my own.