Affects Version/s: 8.5.4
Fix Version/s: 8.6
Documentation in Release Notes:N/A
Since XWiki Standard 10.2, the markdown/1.0 and markdown/1.1 syntaxes have been broken. This is caused by the upgrade of ASM in XWiki Standard to version 6.1 (More specifically it's the upgrade of asm-analysis 6.2 which broke parboiled used by pegdown and thus it broke these 2 syntaxes).
Since Pegdown is now dead since 2015 (no new releases since then), it's hard for us to continue supporting these 2 syntaxes. This also why we introduced the markdown/1.2 syntax back in 2016, based on flexmark-java which is much more powerful and better supported than Pegdown.
If you have content written in markdown/1.0 or markdown/1.1, you can do the following to convert them to markdown/1.2:
- Stop XWiki
- Do a backup of your XWiki instance (you can also export all the page as a XAR)
- Remove the WEB-INF/lib/asm-analysis-7.3.1.jar file
- Add the file WEB-INF/lib/asm-analysis-6.0.jar file instead. You can get it from https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ow2/asm/asm-analysis/6.0/asm-analysis-6.0.jar
- Restart XWiki
- Install https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Markdown%20Syntax%201.2
- Create a page that you'll use to perform the conversion, and set its content to be the following: https://snippets.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Convert%20pages%20to%20another%20syntax/
- Click the Convert link in the page
- Once finished, put back the asm-analysis JAR you removed and restart XWiki
See also https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/MARKDOWN-63 for more details.