Affects Version/s: 5.1
Fix Version/s: 6.0-milestone-1
Component/s: Development Issues only
Documentation in Release Notes:
Creating the issue to link with other issue and list pros/cons.
Java 6 is end of life since February 2013.
- Jetty 9, see
- Tomcat 8, see http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
- JGroups 3.5 (still a proposal to be confirmed, http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31263813)
- Apache commons-lang 3 has started deprecate APIs that exist in Java 7 (for example ObjectUtils#equals)
Improved performances in various scripting languages thanks to new Invoke dynamic
Nice to have
- Strings in switch Statements. Interesting for various parsers.
- The try-with-resources Statement. Nicer code when playing with Closable resources.
- "Multi-catch". Allow catching several exceptions in the same catch block.
Still no used much in production.