Release 1.8 - 4/13/2015
* Fix null pointer when processing ODT footer styles (TIKA-1600).
* Upgrade to com.drewnoakes' metadata-extractor to 2.0 and
add parser for webp metadata (TIKA-1594).
* Duration extracted from MP3s with no ID3 tags (TIKA-1589).
* Upgraded to PDFBox 1.8.9 (TIKA-1575).
* Tika now supports the IsaTab data standard for bioinformatics
both in terms of MIME identification and in terms of parsing
* Tika server can now enable CORS requests with the command line
"--cors" or "-C" option (TIKA-1586).
* Update jhighlight dependency to avoid using LGPL license. Thank
@kkrugler for his great contribution (TIKA-1581).
* Updated HDF and NetCDF parsers to output file version in
metadata (TIKA-1578 and TIKA-1579).
* Upgraded to POI 3.12-beta1 (TIKA-1531).
* Added tika-batch module for directory to directory batch
processing. This is a new, experimental capability, and the API will
likely change in future releases (TIKA-1330).
* Translator.translate() Exceptions are now restricted to
TikaException and IOException (TIKA-1416).
* Tika now supports MIME detection for Microsoft Extended
Makefiles (EMF) (TIKA-1554).
* Tika has improved delineation in XML and HTML MIME detection
* Upgraded the Drew Noakes metadata-extractor to version 2.7.2
* Added basic style support for ODF documents, contributed by
Axel DÃ¶rfler (TIKA-1063).
* Move Tika server resources and writers to separate
org.apache.tika.server.resource and writer packages (TIKA-1564).
* Upgrade UCAR dependencies to 4.5.5 (TIKA-1571).
* Fix Paths in Tika server welcome page (TIKA-1567).
* Fixed infinite recursion while parsing some PDFs (TIKA-1038).
* XHTMLContentHandler now properly passes along body attributes,
contributed by Markus Jelsma (TIKA-995).
* TikaCLI option --compare-file-magic to report mime types known to
the file(1) tool but not known / fully known to Tika.
* MediaTypeRegistry support for returning known child types.
* Support for excluding (blacklisting) certain Parsers from being
used by DefaultParser via the Tika Config file, using the new
parser-exclude tag (TIKA-1558).
* Detect Global Change Master Directory (GCMD) Directory
Interchange Format (DIF) files (TIKA-1561).
* Tika's JAX-RS server can now return stacktraces for
parse exceptions (TIKA-1323).
* Added MockParser for testing handling of exceptions, errors
and hangs in code that uses parsers (TIKA-1553).
* The ForkParser service removed from Activator. Rollback of (TIKA-1354).
* Increased the speed of language identification by
a factor of two -- contributed by Toke Eskildsen (TIKA-1549).
* Added parser for Sqlite3 db files. BEWARE: the org.xerial
dependency includes native libs. Some users may need to
exclude this dependency or configure it specially for
their environment (TIKA-1511).
* Use POST instead of PUT for tika-server form methods
* A basic wrapper around the UNIX file command was
added to extract Strings. In addition a parse to
handle Strings parsing from octet-streams using Latin1
charsets as added (TIKA-1541, TIKA-1483).
* Add test files and detection mechanism for Gridded
Binary (GRIB) files (TIKA-1539).
* The RAR parser was updated to handle Chinese characters
using the functionality provided by allowing encoding to
be used within ZipArchiveInputStream (TIKA-936).
* Fix out of memory error in surefire plugin (TIKA-1537).
* Build a parser to extract data from GRIB formats (TIKA-1423).
* Upgrade to Commons Compress 1.9 (TIKA-1534).
* Include media duration in metadata parsed by MP4Parser (TIKA-1530).
* Support password protected 7zip files (using a PasswordProvider,
in keeping with the other password supporting formats) (TIKA-1521).
* Password protected Zip files should not trigger an exception (TIKA-1028).