Xwiki running on SLES 11 SP2.
LDAP directory is Active Directory.
If it's your first Google Code-In task it's highly recommended to start with Become a community member.
- The student will need to have a Jira account, if it's not the case you can signup here
- The student will also need a https://www.github.com account. You might also want to take a look at Git and GitHub interface documentations.
- Assign yourself to the Jira issue
It's possible to setup the keystore but not the related password in xwiki.cfg.
As a workaround you can set it in the javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword system property (-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=mypassword in Java parameters).
- The student must commit the changes and create a pull request on https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/ldap
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Add a comment in the jira issue mentioning your pull request and provide a link to it
- the class handling configuration can be found on https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/ldap/blob/master/ldap-authenticator/src/main/java/org/xwiki/contrib/ldap/XWikiLDAPConfig.java
- the class handling the connection to the LDAP server can be found on https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/ldap/blob/master/ldap-authenticator/src/main/java/org/xwiki/contrib/ldap/XWikiLDAPConnection.java
If you have any question you should use the Chat (faster answer, but when there is someone around) or the Forum (more people available, but slower answer).
- is duplicated by
XWIKI-5674 LDAP ssl authentication does not support a keystore password and type