Rendering in the platform
If it's your first Google Code-In task it's highly recommended to start with Become a community member.
- The student will need to have a Jira account, if it's not the case you can signup here
- The student will also need a https://www.github.com account. You might also want to take a look at Git and GitHub interface documentations.
- Assign yourself to the Jira issue
We need to make it easy to insert a TOC for a page using one of the following 2 typical use cases:
- a styled floating box on the right as on http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing
- a style box but not floating
Of course the user could use a box macro around the toc macro but 2 issues with this:
- it's more complex
- it won't be styled as we want it and the user would need to use the cssClass parameter with a value which is too complex
- Add a "box=true" parameter to the TOC macro
- Add a "floating=left|right" parameter to the TOC macro
<describe very precisely the success criteria for the task so that the student knows what to achieve and so that any mentor can easily validate the task>
- The student must commit the changes and create a pull request on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Add a comment in the jira issue mentioning your pull request and provide a link to it
- the source of the toc macro can be found on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering/tree/master/xwiki-rendering-macros/xwiki-rendering-macro-toc
- XWiki Rendering documentation: http://rendering.xwiki.org/
If you have any question you should use the Chat (faster answer, but when there is someone around) or the Forum (more people available, but slower answer).
- is related to
XRENDERING-690 Update TOC macro DOM root element to make it easier to style and to navigate