- Create a class C with a property P 'Database List'
- In property P, check 'Use suggest', use 'input' for 'Display Type' and put a class in 'XWiki Class Name' (for example, 'XWiki.XWikiUsers')
- Create a sheet S for the class C (the default content is fine)
- Add a 'XWiki.ClassSheetBinding' object to C with the name of the page S
- Edit a page X in 'object mode' and add an instance of C
- Edit the page X in 'inline' mode
- Try to type 'ad' (for 'Administrator') to see the suggestions; there should be no results
Note that if I remove the 'XWiki.XWikiUsers' in the field 'XWiki Class Name' and put the following request in 'Hibernate Query' instead, it works.
select doc.fullName from XWikiDocument doc, BaseObject obj where obj.name = doc.fullName and obj.className = 'XWiki.XWikiUsers'
With the hibernate query, you can have suggestions.