Release 1.9 - 6/6/2015
* The ability to use the cTAKES clinical text
knowledge extraction system for biomedical data is
now included as a Tika parser (TIKA-1645, TIKA-1642).
* Tika-server allows a user to specify the Tika config
from the command line (TIKA-1652, TIKA-1426).
* Matlab file detection has been improved (TIKA-1634).
* The EXIFTool was added as an External parser
* If FFMPEG is installed and on the PATH, it is a
usable Parser in Tika now (TIKA-1510).
* Fixes have been applied to the ExternalParser to make
it functional (TIKA-1638).
* Tika service loading can now be more verbose with the
org.apache.tika.service.error.warn system property (TIKA-1636).
* Tika Server now allows for metadata extraction from remote
URLs and in addition it outputs the detected language as a
metadata field (TIKA-1625).
* OUTPUT_FILE_TOKEN not being replaced in ExternalParser
contributed by Pascal Essiembre (TIKA-1620).
* Tika REST server now supports language identification
* All of the example code from the Tika in Action book has
been donated to Tika and added to tika-examples (TIKA-1562).
* Tika server now logs errors determining ContentDisposition
* An algorithm for using Byte Histogram frequencies to construct
a Neural Network and to perform MIME detection was added
* A Bayesian algorithm for MIME detection by probabilistic
means was added (TIKA-1517).
* Tika now incorporates the Apache Spatial Information
System capability of parsing Geographic ISO 19139
files (TIKA-443). It can also detect those files as
* Update the MimeTypes code to support inheritance
* Provide ability to parse and identify Global Change
Master Directory Interchange Format (GCMD DIF)
scientific data files (TIKA-1532).
* Improvements to detect CBOR files by extension (TIKA-1610).
* Change xerial.org's sqlite-jdbc jar to "provided" (TIKA-1511).
Users will now need to add sqlite-jdbc to their classpath for
the Sqlite3Parser to work.
* ExternalParser.check now catches (suppresses) SecurityException
and returns false, so it's OK to run Tika with a security policy
that does not allow execution of external processes (TIKA-1628).