Release 1.13 - 05/08/2016
* Upgrade to PDFBox 2.0.1 (TIKA-1285/TIKA-1959).
MAJOR CHANGES in PDFParser:
* The classic sequential parser is no longer available.
* Tiff files are no longer extracted by default. See
for optional components to process Tiff files.
* Some truncated/corrupted files that had some content extracted
with 1.8.x may have no content extracted in 2.0.x (see TIKA-1912).
* The MIT-NLP Information Extraction (MITIE) Named Entity
Recognition (NER) system is now supported in Tika
* Tika now supports the use of the Yandex translation
service (TIKA-1943, GitHub-106).
* Tika now uses NER to extract scientific measurements
from text using either GROBID Quantities which uses
conditional random fields and NLTK which uses regular
expressesions (TIKA-1917, GitHub-104).
* Fixed JournalParser to handle null responses from
GROBID and to log a message (TIKA-1925).
* Refactored Language Detector into tika-landetect module,
added default N-Gram implementation, Optimaize Lang
Detector and MIT Text.jl implementation
(TIKA-1872, TIKA-1696, TIKA-1723).
* Extract metadata from MP4 videos whether or not the
PooledTimeSeries parser is available via Aditya Dhulipala
* Fix NPE when trying to get embedded image identifier in
* Improvements to MIME database for detection of Scientific
and other formats present in the TREC-DD-Polar dataset
(TIKA-1881, GitHub-85, TIKA-1883, TIKA-1884, TIKA-1886,
* LinkContentHandler now extracts links from script tags
via Joseph Naegele (TIKA-1937).
* Handle per page IOExceptions more robustly in PDFParser (TIKA-1948).
* Upgrade commons-compress to 1.11 (TIKA-1949).
* Add detection for embedded MSChart.Graph files (TIKA-1033).
* Fix NPE in Sqlite parser from Nick C (TIKA-1927).
* Fix NPE in Open Document parser from Nick C (TIKA-1916).
* Upgrade mp4parser's isoparser to 1.1.7 (TIKA-1924 and TIKA-1931).
* Upgrade BouncyCastle to 1.54 (TIKA-1923).
* Upgrade Jackcess to 2.1.3 (TIKA-1922).
* Upgrade Drew Noakes' metadata-extractor to 2.8.1 (TIKA-1921).
* Upgrade Gson in tika-serialization to 2.6.2 (TIka-1920).
* Upgrade commons-cli in tika-batch to 1.3.1 (TIKA-1919).
* Add XMPMM support to PDFParser and JpegParser via Jempbox (TIKA-1894).
* Move serialization of TikaConfig to tika-core and enable dumping
of the config file via tika-app (TIKA-1657).
* Tika now incorporates the Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK) from the
Python community as an option for Named Entity Recognition (TIKA-1876).
* Add support for XFA extraction via Pascal Essiembre (TIKA-1857).
* Upgrade to sqlite-jdbc 188.8.131.52 (TIKA-1861). NOTE: this dependency
is still <scope>provided</scope>. You need to include this dependency
in order to parse sqlite files.
* Upgrade to POI 3.15-beta1 (TIKA-1895).
* Upgrade to Jackson 2.7.1 (TIKA-1869).
* Upgrade to Apache SIS 0.6 (TIKA-1878).
* RichTextContentHandler moved from the Server package to Core (TIKA-1870).
* Added ZeroSizeFileDetector to support application/x-zerovalue via
Adesh Gupta (TIKA-1885).
* Addition of types information to Grobid quantities parser via
Can Menekse (TIKA-1965).