* Require Java 8 (TIKA-2679).
* Enable building with Java 11 (TIKA-2668)
* Add an option to make tika-server robust against infinite loops,
OOMs, and memory leaks (TIKA-2725).
* Allow configuration of the Tesseract parser via the standard
tika-config.xml options (TIKA-2705).
* Improve handling of empty cells across table-based
* Add a Standards compliant HTML encoding detector
via Gerard Bouchar (TIKA-2673).
* Improved XML parsing -- limited default entity expansions to 20.
To raise this limit, add -Djdk.xml.entityExpansionLimit=XXX to
* Mime magic improvements for Olympus RAW (TIKA-2658), interpreted
server-side languages via HTTP (TIKA-2648), MHTML (TIKA-2723)
* Add absolute timeout to ForkParser rather than testing
for active (TIKA-2656).
* Make the RecursiveParserWrapper work with the ForkParser (TIKA-2655).
* Allow the ForkParser to specify a directory containing tika-app.jar
for use by the ForkServer. This allows users to keep most of the
parser dependencies out of their code; and it allows for an easy
addition of optional jars for Parser dependencies,
such as the xerial sqlite jar (TIKA-2653).
* Use a pool for SAXParsers and DOMBuilders rather than creating
a new parser/builder for every parse.
For better performance, set XMLReaderUtils.setPoolSize() to the
number of threads you're using with Tika (TIKA-2645).
* Add the RecursiveParserWrapperHandler to improve the RecursiveParserWrapper
API slightly (TIKA-2644).
* Upgraded to Commons-Compress 1.18 (TIKA-2707).
* Upgraded to Apache POI 4.0.0 (TIKA-2552).
* Upgraded to Apache PDFBox 2.0.11 (TIKA-2681).
* Upgraded to deeplearning4j 1.0.0-beta2 (TIKA-2672).
* Upgraded jmatio to 1.4 (TIKA-2667)
* Upgraded Apache Lucene to 7.4.0 in tika-eval and tika-examples (TIKA-2695).
* Upgraded junrar to 1.0.1 (TIKA-2664).
* Numerous other upgrades (TIKA-2692).
* Excluded Spring as a transitive dependency (TIKA-2721).