STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login as Admin
- Go to Administer Wiki > Content > Localization
- Set the multilingual to 'Yes'
- Add 'French' to Supported Languages
- Click 'Save'
- Go to Sandbox
- Click on Drawer > Languages and select 'Francais'
- Observe the left/right panel translations
When the language is changed, the pages which have translations in that language will display these translations by default when navigated to them. Switching from one language to another changes both the UI and the content language.
'Tips' Panel is not translated into French. If the multilingual is set to 'No' and the default language is set to French, then it's translated (screenshots attached).