Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: 11.2
Fix Version/s: None
As a wiki macro developer I want to be able to:
- implement a picker for a macro parameter using only wiki pages (JSX, SSX)
- associate the picker to the macro parameter from the wiki
- package the picker together with the wiki macro so that users installing it can use the picker when inserting the macro from the WYSIWYG editor
ATM we have this:
- in order to implement the picker I need to have a custom skin where I can define my custom
HTML displayertemplate. See XWIKI-15827. This is not good because I can't force my users to use a custom skin in order to have the picker.
- in order to associate the picker to the macro parameter I need an existing Java type (class). I can use some existing type that is not related to my macro but it's a hack (e.g. "java.lang.StringBuilder") hoping that no one else will use the same type..
- I can package the custom skin but I can't ask the users to use it