Affects Version/s: 12.6.4
Fix Version/s: None
How to reproduce:
- Create a template page, that is a WebHome (a non-terminal page)
- Create a WebPreferences corresponding to this WebHome page
- Configure a template provider to serve this template
- Set its "Action on create" to "Save and edit"
- Create a new page from this template (by choosing its provider in the create page screen)
- A new nested page is created, with 2 pages: WebHome and WebPreferences
- The page is created but only with the WebHome page
If the "Action on create" is set to "Edit", all works as expected.
This is particularly annoying for templates whose WebHome pages contain a dashboard, since the dashboard does not work correctly if action on create is not Save and Edit (since it's loaded async from the server, and if nothing is saved, nothing exists outside of the current request).