How to reproduce:
- Save&View a new page with content "empty"
- Edit and replace the content of the new page with a new content that contains more that 1 contiguous whitespace, anywhere on the line:
- Save&view the new version.
- View mode preserves all the white spaces.
- Open the changes viewer and look at the diff of the new new version you've just saved.
The line you have changed should be displayed exactly as it is in the page content, including all the lines.
The line content is displayed, but all the contiguous whitespaces are squashed into 1 single whitespace.
It gets even worse when your content is code and the indentation is broken. It makes the code really unreadable: