Affects Version/s: 12.10.8, 13.4.1, 13.5
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Edge 91, using a local instance of XWiki 8.4.6 and 9.11.8
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Open an instance of XWiki 8.4.6
- Add a comment to a page (created or already existing, e.g. Sandbox)
- Close the instance
- Go to a newer instance (tested with 12.10.8 and 13.5) and copy/cut the
folder and replace it (first delete the old one) in the same location on the older (8.4.6) version
- Start XWiki and finish running the DW for upgrade
- Go to the page where the comment was added, access History tab
The most recent page revision displayed is when the (last) comment was added (saved at the respective date and time).
There is an additional empty page revision saved at the time of the upgrade and which is displayed as the current version, having as summary:
The issue was reproduced also when performing an upgrade from XWiki 9.11.8 to 12.10.8 or 13.5; however, it didn't reproduce when upgrading from XWiki 10.11.11.
The issue can be very important for wikis with a large volume of content, since it alters last modification dates of documents.
The issue was initially discovered by Anca Luca.