STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login as Admin
- Click on Notifications bell and turn all Watch toggles to OFF
- Login as an user (e.g. U1)
- Turn ON Pages Notifications toggles from Notifications Preferences to receive notifications for page events (Watch toggles are set to ON)
- Go to a page having an attachment
- Click "Move or rename this attachment" button
- Choose a new attachment location (e.g. Sandbox)
- Click "Submit"
No notification is received because Admin has Watch toggles set to OFF and the user who performs the rename has the default Own Events Filter setting (ON).
No filters are added for the user, nor for Admin.
Even if the user U1 performs the move of the attachment, he receives a notification that the target page (where attachment was moved, e.g. Sandbox) was edited by Admin.
Also, on Admin's Notifications Preferences page, a custom filter was added for the target page (e.g. Sandbox), even if he didn't perform the attachment move.