Resolution: Won't Fix
Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, Firefox 97, using a local instance of XWiki 13.10.3 on MariaDB 10.6, Tomcat 9.0.58
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- The Mail Sending should be configured on Main Wiki
- A local user exists on subwiki and has an email address set in its profile
In webapps\xwiki\WEB-INF\xwiki.properties set (and un-comment):
- notifications.emails.live.graceTime = 1 to enable the sending of e-mails after 1 minute.
- notifications.eventPrefilteringEnabled = false
- Login as Admin
- Create a subwiki
- Log in as a local user on the subwiki (with email address in the profile)
- Click on the bell in the top right corner
- Click on Settings, in the right side of Notifications
- Set "Email Frequency" to Live
- Set ON all toggles in the Email column
- Log in with another user or with Admin
- Create/update/delete a page
Email notifications are sent for respective events to the user that has the notifications set to ON, Live.
No emails are sent. For emails to be received, notifications.eventPrefilteringEnabled must be set to true.
I've tested also on XWiki 11.10.13, 11.10.3 and 11.9 and apparently no notification mails could be received from subwiki.