In order to provide a satisfying interface for image and attachment insertion before XE 1.8.3 goes out, we need to modify and reduce the scope of the solution we were first aiming for. This proposal aims at achieving such a goal. See the attached mockup for a close-up view.
- A file / image can only be uploaded on the current page
- Clicking on "Upload" adds the file / image to the list underneath and marks it as currently being selected
- Double-clicking an image or a link immediately creates a link to the file / inserts the image in the page
- Selecting a different wiki / space / page and clicking on "Refresh" refreshes the above area with the file / image list of the selected page
- Clicking on "Create link" or "Insert image" creates a link to the selected file / inserts the selected image