The image handling in the WYSIWYG-editor with GIF images is buggy.
- Create a completely new page (never existing before!!).
- Click "save & continue"
- Insert a GIF (picture.gif) via Image -> Insert image dialog.
- Click "Save & view"
--> There are now 2 attachments instead of the one expected: picture.gif and picture.png.
When clicking on picture.png the error "This template does not exist" is displayed.
Another use case:
- Open an existing page with a GIF image in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Resize the image.
- Click save & view
--> There is now a picture.png instead of the picture.gif in the attachments!
- When editing the page again, only the file name (picture.gif) is displayed.
- But when pressing save&view, there are now 2 images again in the attachments.
Somehow the WYSIWYG editor does convert between gif and png (why?) and not always cleanup.
Reproducable in our system and also in the Jetty/HSQLDB.
It works fine when using only PNG.