I want to protect the WebHome page of a space while making all other pages in the space freely editable, but it seems impossible.
When a user with 'edit' permission attempts to create a new page from WebHome, where the user has no edit permission, XE denies the access.
- There's a space called MySpace.
- MySpace can be edited by any registered user. (Space-level permission)
- MySpace.WebHome can be edited only by admins. (Page-level permission)
- If a non-admin user visits MySpace.WebHome and clicks the 'Add -> Page' menu item to create a new page:
- The edit action URL is '/create/MySpace/WebHome'
- The user sees a permission denied error.
- What's interesting is:
- If the user manually enters the edit action URL with non-existing page name such as '/create/MySpace/MyNewPage', the user can create a new 'MyNewPage' under 'MySpace'.
- The user can even set the parent of 'MyNewPage' to 'WebHome', which contradicts the permission denied error the user got above.