I am testing the migration from XEM 4.5.4 to XE 5.2 (local build).
- Install a new XEM 4.5.4.
- Create a workspace with WorkspaceManager (called 'workspace1')
- Create a new subwiki with WikiManager (called 'subwiki1') - I create it from a XAR template which is xwiki-enterprise-ui-all.
- Replace the webapp with a 5.2.
- Put your own maven directory as the extension repository. In xwiki.properties:
- Upgrade the main wiki
- For example Main.SpaceIndex is in version 2.1.
- In the "installed extensions" menu, I can see all extensions correctly upgraded.
Then, in the DW, choose "Upgrade all wikis. Choose this option if all wikis are administrated by the same entity.".
It displays "All extensions are up to date. "
- 'workspace1' is not upgraded:
- for example Panels.WorkspaceInformationPanel is still in version 1.1
- In the "installed extensions" menu, I see 'XWiki Enterprise - UI All'. It has not been upgraded because there is no new version for it. It has been replaced by xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki-all.
- 'subwiki1' is not upgraded:
- for example Main.SpaceIndex is still in version 1.1
- In the "installed extensions" menu, I see 'XWiki Enterprise - UI All ' with the message 'Installed but not valid'. It has not been upgraded because there is no new version for it. It has been replaced by xwiki-enterprise-ui-common.
As Marius and Thomas explained me:
When you have an extension installed with version X, and then a new version Y is released but with the id changed, extension manager is not able to detect it. Ideally the EM should detect this and propose the user to upgrade from version X to Y even if the extension id has changed between version X and Y.