The usecase is a domain based farm with global users, where users want to be automatically authenticated on the whole farm when they authenticate on one of the wikis of the farm.
Setup a domain based multiwiki, where the main wiki is accessible at, say, localhost.localdomain. In xwiki.cfg, set xwiki.authentication.cookiedomains=localhost.localdomain . Subwikis addresses are subdmains of localhost.localdomain.
- login with a global user on the main wiki
- go on a subwiki, you won't be authenticated. This issue is different from
XWIKI-9622in that no matter how many times you refresh, you'll never get authenticated on the subwiki.
However, if one first logs in on a subwiki and then navigates to the main wiki, they are properly authenticated on the main wiki/other subwikis.
- login with a global user on a subwiki
- go on the main wiki, you'll be authenticated
- click the logout button. Page will be reloaded without the user being logged out (logout button doesn't do anything)
- go on the subwiki where you authenticated or on another subwiki, click logout, it will work.