- set a wiki to unilanguage, default language "fr"
- create a document with translations, say Sandbox.Translations – the document will have the following language settings
- set this document as localization document in XWikiPreferences in the localization section
- putting new translation keys in this document and using them all over the wiki with $services.localization.render(key) will work fine
- we want to overwrite the default login and logout texts, defined in ApplicationRessources_fr.properties
- we put
- nothing changes on the UI for the login/logout links
The cause seems to be the locale of the translations document Sandbox.Translations which is "" . The way translations work is that translations in the exact demanded locale (fr) have priority over default translations, and if a translation for the exact locale is found, the default one is not taken into account. In this case, ApplicationRessources_fr.properties has exact fr as locale, and Sandbox.Translations has "" as locale, even if, indeed, Sandbox.Translations has higher priority than ApplicationResources (as