How to reproduce (inspired from the life of extension http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Meeting+Application ):
- Make an extension with an id, say, tdelafosse:meeting-application
- release one version, say 1.2, install it on a wiki using extension manager
- Change the id of the extension, declaring it as an alias of the old extension in the pom as follows:
- release version 1.2.1, publish the new version
- go to the wiki where the extension is installed in administration, you will see the following situation:
- in installed extensions, you will see meeting application with version 1.2 as installed. UI will not propose upgrade.
- in all extensions, you will find the meeting application with version 1.2.1. UI will not present it as an upgrade of the existing extension
- however, when clicking on "install" for the new extension, upgrade will be written in the install plan and upgrade will be performed when continuing to install
I would expect that the UI notifies that there is a new version for the extension when I look at installed extensions, that it would behave exactly in the same way as when a new version of an extension is available.