1. Activate Annotations Tab from Page Elements
2. Make some annotations on a page
3. Look at them
The icons are from Silk theme even though Font Awesome is used.
See the attached pictures.
Update the image with a call to Icon Theme service. Make sure there is a mapping to the needed icon. Provide that mapping for Silk and Font Awesome icon themes.
Before starting your task familiarize yourself a bit with XWiki. You can see it in action in the Playground, so you should create an account there and test it a bit.
Your task might involve actions or applications that are not available on the Playground, so make sure you download and install the latest version of XWiki.
For questions you can always use the Forum or the IRC channel, see http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Discuss
Try to reproduce the issue described by the task. You should use your browser's Developer Tools to identify and test your solution.
Once you have reproduced the issue presented in the task, it's the time to identify the location where it needs to be fixed in the code.
The sources are available at https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform . You should be familiar with using Git locally or you might be able to commit your changes from the GitHub interface.
The task will give you hints about the component where the code with the problem is located. Identify the file, make the changes and submit a Pull Request for mentors to approve and close the task. Don't forget to add screenshots with before and after your changes.
Use the Icon Theme Application (http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Icon%20Theme%20Application) so that the icons displayed are synchronized with the icon theme the administrator of the wiki has chosen.
For example, by default, the theme "Font Awesome" is used in the wiki. So, in the annotations, we should see icons from "Font Awesome" instead of what we have.
So you need to update the image with a call to Icon Theme service. Make sure there is a mapping to the needed icon. Provide that mapping for Silk and Font Awesome icon themes.
- Knowledge of XML
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Git
- You will encounter concepts like Templating engines, Apache Velocity, Icon Theme module etc. but you don't need to be familiar with them in advance
- Pull Request on the https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform repository with the solution
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Following best practices defined at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome