Release 1.11 - 10/18/2015
* Java7 API support for allowing java.nio.file.Path as method arguments
was added to Tika and to ParsingReader, TikaFileTypeDetector, and to
Tika Config (TIKA-1745, TIKA-1746, TIKA-1751).
* MIME support was added for WebVTT: The Web Video Text Tracks Format
* MIME magic improved to ensure emails detected as message/rfc822
* Upgrade to Jackcess Encrypt 2.1.1 to avoid binary incompatibility
with Bouncy Castle (TIKA-1736).
* Make div and other markup more consistent between PPT and
* Parse multiple authors from MSOffice's semi-colon delimited
author field (TIKA-1765).
* Include CTAKESConfig.properties within tika-parsers resources
by default (TIKA-1741).
* Prevent infinite recursion when processing inline images
in PDF files by limiting extraction of duplicate images
within the same page (TIKA-1742).
* Upgrade to POI 3.13-final (via Andreas Beeker) (TIKA-1707).
* Upgraded tika-batch to use Path throughout (TIKA-1747 and
* Upgraded to Path in TikaInputStream (via Yaniv Kunda) (TIKA-1744).
* Changed default content handler type for "/rmeta" in tika-server
to "xml" to align with "-J" option in tika-app.
Clients can now specify handler types via PathParam. (TIKA-1716).
* The fantastic GROBID (or Grobid) GeneRation Of BIbliographic Data
for machine learning from PDF files is now integrated as a
Tika parser (TIKA-1699, TIKA-1712).
* The ability to specify the Tesseract Config Path was added
to the OCR Parser (TIKA-1703).
* Upgraded to ASM 5.0.4 (TIKA-1705).
* Corrected Tika Config XML detector definition explicit loading
of MimeTypes (TIKA-1708)
* In Tika Parsers, Batch, Server, App and Examples, use Apache
Commons IO instead of inlined ex-Commons classes, and the Java 7
Standard Charset definitions (TIKA-1710)
* Upgraded to Commons Compress 1.10, which enables zlib compressed
archives support (TIKA-1718)