1. The User selects the "Create New Chart" option in the "More Actions" menu.
2. An XWiki page containing an HTML form appears. This wizard has 3 zones:
- The progress indicator/wizard navigator. The available setup steps are shown as small rectangular-shaped buttons, with different colors for the completed steps, the current step and the future steps. These buttons are a progress indicator, so they are simple bullets with the step name as a tooltip.
- The options. At each wizard step, this zone shows different options that can (or must) be modified. These options are further discussed in
- The preview. The representation of the chart using the current options is shown in this area. There are also 2 buttons, one that enables or disables automatic preview, and one that does a manual refresh in case the automatic preview is disabled.
Each options page has "Previous", "Next", "Finish" and "Cancel" buttons. The user can also jump to a certain wizard step by clicking on the wizard navigator butons.
3. The user selects chart features (chart type, source data, labels, etc.)
4. After the user is satisfied with the current chart and selects Finish, the chart is appended at the end of the target xWiki page, and that page is displayed.