If it's your first Google Code-In task it's highly recommended to start with Become a community member.
- The student will need to have a Jira account, if it's not the case you can signup here
- The student will also need a https://www.github.com account. You might also want to take a look at Git and GitHub interface documentations.
The student will need to understand how the XWiki Rendering works. You find some documentation on http://rendering.xwiki.org/.
When the include macro is inside a SectionBlock it should increment any included header so that included level 1 headers become sub headers of that section.
For retro compatibility reason and to be able to control this behavior a parameter should be introduced with the following possibilities:
- <a number>: a number indicating the increment to apply (0 being the default behavior of the macro)
- "current": enable the automatic increment (need to be enable since making it the default would break existing use cases)
This would allow to write nicer composite documents from documents that all start at heading level 1.
- The student must commit the changes and create a pull request on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Add a comment in the jira issue mentioning your pull request and provide a link to it
- The include macro is located on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-rendering/xwiki-platform-rendering-macros/xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-include
- XWiki Rendering documentation: http://rendering.xwiki.org/