Precondition: Have a fresh instance of XWiki 9.11RC1 configured with ORACLE (11.2) Database.
- Login as Admin
- Configure the mail sending settings (Administer Wiki > Mail > Mail Sending)
Email server: smtp.gmail.com
Email server port: 587
Email server username: email@example.com or @xwiki.com
Email server password: yourpassword
Additional Properties: mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
- Create an user (e.g. U1) with a valid email address
- Login with the user
- Click on the Watchlist bell
- Click on Settings, in the right side of Notifications
- Set 'Email Frequency' to 'Hourly' and 'Details of the changes' to 'Standard'
- Set all Pages Notifications to ON (menu and e-mail)
- Click on the Watchlist bell and turn 'Watch this wiki' toggle to ON
- Login with Admin
- Create, update, comment and delete a page
- Trigger "Notifications hourly email" from Job Scheduler (/xwiki/bin/view/Scheduler/)
- Check the email notifications for the user U1
On the address set on his profile, the user receives a notification email containing the events performed by Admin (create, update, comment and delete a page).
No notification mail is received.
I've tested also on MySQL, PostgreSQL and HSQL, but it seems that the issue is reproducing only on Oracle. No errors in the logs.