Although closed, the following issue
XWIKI-15756 still occurs in 11.1 and 10.11 debian packaging.
I noted mass-spewage of errors in /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out – many repeated lines like:
Note that /usr/lib/xwiki/META-INF/context.xml has
however it's not clear that gets loaded with current config (it doesn't):
Looking at logs it loads /etc/tomcat8/Catalina/localhost/xwiki.xml
where in /etc/tomcat8/Catalina/localhost:
So I did following, also integrating suggestions from
and specifically from
- added my changes to /etc/tomcat8/context.xml (just like vmassol suggests above)
- and the errors still happen....
- tried again increasing cache size to 50K...
- and it still happens....
So I went back and did two things:
(1) set /etc/xwiki/xwiki.cfg per Admin.CheckXWikiConfig suggestion:
Now CheckXWikiConfig admin-tools app reports:
(2) added to /etc/xwiki/xwiki-tomcat8.xml
- --> note, put everything in one "Resources" clause, wondering if different resource clauses are overriding previously defined ones instead of additive?
- (NB: this may be reason for OP having XWiki not startup at all as I had similar issues with adding two "Resources" entries within one context in early attempts).
- --> e.g. there is a setting to "20,480" in the package-installed /usr/lib/xwiki/META-INF/context.xml and a separate one ("<Resources allowLinking="true".../>") in xwiki-tomcat8.xml ?
- --> per tomcat8 docs, set cacheObjectMaxSize to cacheMaxSize/20 ... and tripled orig size of cacheMaxSize from default 10240 (10Mb)
to 30Mb (30720), raising cacheObjectMaxSize from default 512 (512 kilobytes) to 1536 (1.5 megabytes).