Affects Version/s: 12.10.3
Fix Version/s: 12.10.4
Component/s: Distribution - Flavor
Environment:Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Chrome 88, Edge 88 and IE11 on MySQL 8, MariaDB 10.5 and PostgreSQL 13, Tomcat 9.0.41
Documentation in Release Notes:N/A
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login to an older instance (e.g. 8.4.6 or 11.10.13)
- Create a new subwiki
- Close the instance
- Go to the newer instance (12.10.3) and copy/cut the
folder and replace it (first delete the old one) in the same location on the older version
- Start XWiki and follow the Distribution Wizard through the upgrade process
- Go to Wiki Index and click on the previously created subwiki's name to start and run the DW for it
The upgrade process is completed successfully without errors both on the Main wiki, as well as on subwiki.
On Step 2 - Flavor, there are many errors encountered like:
which lead to merge conflicts on the following pages:
- When upgrading from XWiki 8.4.6 to 12.10.3 (in no particular order):
- When upgrading from XWiki 11.10.13 to 12.10.3 (in no particular order):
When migrating from XWiki 8.4.6 to 12.10.3 (by resolving all merge conflicts automatically), the Dashboard entry is displayed twice in Applications Panel.
The issues could not be reproduced when upgrading to XWiki 12.10.2.