Affects Version/s: 12.10.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Extension - Distribution
Consider the following situation:
- extension A that depends on extension B
- extension A is installed at version X on XWiki 12.6.5
- version X is not compatible with XWiki 12.10.4
- extension A has another version, Y, that is compatible with XWiki 12.10.4
- the version of the dependency B doesn't change between version X and Y of extension A
On an XWiki 12.6.5 extension A version X is installed.
Perform the upgrade to XWiki 12.10.4.
After the upgrade, the "oprhaned extensions" step comes before the extensions upgrade step. At this point, Distribution Wizard will identify extension B as orphaned and only give 2 choices it for it:
- promote to toplevel
Right at the very next step, which is the extensions upgrade step, extension A version X will be found as invalid and will get upgraded to version Y which correctly depends on B, so B is not actually an orphaned extension.
So the actual result we want for extension B is to keep it, as a dependency, of the valid extension A version Y, and there is no way to achieve this during distribution wizard.