If it's your first Google Code-In task it's highly recommended to start with Become a community member.
- The student will need to have a Jira account, if it's not the case you can signup here
- The student will also need a https://www.github.com account. You might also want to take a look at Git and GitHub interface documentations.
- Assign yourself to the Jira issue
The goal is to introduce a new UserAuthenticatedEvent (should probably contain the user reference) and generate this event where needed (probably XWiki#checkAuth).
The best place to put this event for now is probably along with the document events in https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-bridge/src/main/java/org/xwiki/bridge/event.
- The student must commit the changes and create a pull request on https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Add a comment in the jira issue mentioning your pull request and provide a link to it
- The student might want to read the observation module documentation before starting this task http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Observation%20Module