Code, User Interface
Steps to reproduce:
- Click on the "Edit" button - the Wiki editor has the name "Wiki"
- Go to "Edit page elements" or "Profile Preferences" - the Wiki editor has the name "Text"
- Go to "Administration: Edit Mode Settings" (at Default Editor) - the Wiki editor has the name "Text"
It would be great to have the same naming everywhere, because users can be confused about different naming.
Ensure consistency on the locations that mention the Wiki editor, at least the ones from the description.
Familiarize yourself with XWiki by downloading and installing the latest version.
For questions you can always use the Forum or the IRC channel, see http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Discuss
Try to reproduce the issue described by the task. You should use your browser's Developer Tools to identify and test your solution.
Once you have reproduced the issue presented in the task, it's the time to identify the location where it needs to be fixed in the code.
You should be familiar with using Git locally or you might be able to commit your changes from the GitHub interface.
The task will give you hints about the component where the code with the problem is located. Identify the file, make the changes and submit a Pull Request for mentors to approve and close the task. Don't forget to add screenshots with before and after your changes.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, basic programming, Git
- You will encounter concepts like Templating engines, Apache Velocity, Localization module etc. but you don't need to be familiar with them in advance
- Pull Request on the https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform repository with the solution
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Following best practices defined at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
- Get familiar with XWiki's Localization features and make sure to go through the Translations Tutorial .
- is duplicated by
XWIKI-11033 Rename the "Default editor to use" Text entry from user's profile
- is related to
XWIKI-11269 WYSIWYG word should be in uppercase everywhere