Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: User - User Profile
Steps to detect the issue:
1. Go to the user profile.
2. Open any user profile section. i.e 'Notifications Preferences'.
3. Open the 'Developer Tools' of your browser and inspect the elements.
4. You will find the main section headings, as well as sub-headings, both are using <h1> tags.
5. It's a best practice to have only <h1> tag on a page. So It's good to have <h1> for Main Section heading but sub-headings must be enclosed in <h2> tags rather than <h1> tags.
Please see the attachments for further clarification.
Before starting your task familiarize yourself a bit with XWiki. You can see it in action in the Playground, so you should create an account there and test it a bit.
Your task might involve actions or applications that are not available on the Playground, so make sure you download and install the latest version of XWiki.
Try to reproduce the issue described by the task. You should use your browser's Developer Tools to identify and test your solution.
The task will give you hints about the component where the code with the problem is located. Identify the file, make the changes and submit a Pull Request for mentors to approve and close the task. Don't forget to add screenshots with before and after your changes.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML,CSS, basic programming, Git
- You will encounter concepts like Data Model, Skins Extensions, Templating engines, Apache Velocity, modular components, etc. but you don't need to be familiar with them in advance
- Pull Request on the https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform repository with the solution
- The summary of the Pull Request must have the first-line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Following best practices defined at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome