Changing the language of a wiki, there is a confusion between the options suggested to the Admin.
For example, if I want the wiki to be in french, the options suggested are:
- Français (French)
- Français (Belgique) (French (Belgium))
- Français (Canada) (French (Canada))
- Français (France) (French (France))
- Français (Luxembourg) (French (Luxembourg))
- Français (Suisse) (French (Switzerland))
I believe that people think that the default french language comes from France and if you are Canadian, it makes sense to select the third option "Français (Canada) (French (Canada))".
But if you are a french person from France, you might wonder the difference between the first and the fourth options, as in your mind, it should be the same.
So which one should you choose? Why? How to remove to confusion from people's mind?
My opinion would be to use the option that refers to my country and hide/remove the default language.