Affects Version/s: 5.3-milestone-2
Fix Version/s: 9.11-rc-1
Component/s: User - User Profile
Documentation in Release Notes:N/A
Pull Request Status:Pull Request accepted
GCI categories:Code, User Interface
XWIKI-7626 introduced the ability to customize the user profile fields also making the display of fields automatic instead of manual.
has been changed with
That's why and how the old (more descriptive) 'About' term has been replaced with 'Comment' term which is confusing and overlaps with our 'Comments/Annotations' terminology.
We need to change it back and we can do so by fixing the pretty name (English translation value) of the "comment" users class property.
Update the existing translation with new value.
For questions you can always use the Forum or the IRC channel, see http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Discuss
Try to reproduce the issue described by the task. You should use your browser's Developer Tools to identify and test your solution.
Once you have reproduced the issue presented in the task, it's the time to identify the location where it needs to be fixed in the code.
You should be familiar with using Git locally or you might be able to commit your changes from the GitHub interface.
The task will give you hints about the component where the code with the problem is located. Identify the file, make the changes and submit a Pull Request for mentors to approve and close the task. Don't forget to add screenshots with before and after your changes.
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, basic programming, Git
- You will encounter concepts like Templating engines, Apache Velocity, Localization module etc. but you don't need to be familiar with them in advance
- Pull Request on the https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform repository with the solution
- The summary of the Pull Request must have a first line matching the JIRA issue following by a colon and then the title of this issue
- Following best practices defined at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome